(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
- Simple, relatable story for two- to eight-year-old children, designed to help them protect their bodies.
- Includes colorful, age-appropriate illustrations.
- Conveys a clear message that God made every part of the human body and that every part is, therefore, good (the doctrine of creation.)
- Gently opens the conversation about sexual abuse that every family needs to have.
- Facilitates open conversations about appropriate and inappropriate touch.
- Overcomes confusion, secrecy, and embarrassment about bodies with truth.
From the Publisher
Helps to Protect Young Children
Simple, relatable story for two- to eight-year-old children, designed to help them protect their bodies.
Includes colorful, age-appropriate illustrations.
A Note to Parents
Equips parents to talk with both boys and girls about their bodies and to help them understand the difference between the appropriate and inappropriate touch of others.
Features a durable hardcover format.
Justin Holcomb, PhD, is a minister and professor of theology and Christian thought at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and Reformed Theological Seminary. He has authored many books, including coauthoring Is It My Fault? and Rid of My Disgrace. He also serves on the boards for REST (Real Escape from the Sex Trade) and GRACE (Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment).
Lindsey Holcomb, MPH, counsels victims of sexual assault and domestic violence and is the cofounder of REST (Real Escape from the Sex Trade). Lindsey has provided crisis intervention to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence and conducted a variety of training seminars to service providers. She is also the coauthor of Is It My Fault? and Rid of My Disgrace.
Trish Mahoney is a graphic designer and illustrator in Seattle where she runs The Mahoney Studio with her husband, Patrick, also a designer and illustrator. They have two children both budding artists, too.
Publisher:New Growth Press; First edition (September 8, 2015)
Reading age:2 – 6 years
Item Weight:10.4 ounces
Dimensions:8.6 x 0.4 x 8.7 inches