(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
If you’re studying for the ASWB exam, this Dawn Apgar comprehensive guide and practice test set is a must-have. This fully updated ASWB exam prep product helps readers identify their weak areas so they can pass the ASWB Clinical exam on the first attempt!
Exam Guide Highlights:
- How to Use This Guide – brand new chapter focused on how the book’s content structure links to the ASWB blueprint and how to use for more efficient study
- Examination Overview – expanded discussion and analysis of exam content
- Exam Preparation Strategies – new content focused on essential strategies for success, how to deal with test anxiety, and how to maximize content retention based on learning styles
- Test Taking Tips – a favorite with test takers, this feature has been updated to be more even more helpful
- New Content – revised content on race, ethnicity, and culture, and macro practice
- Authoritative – developed and written by a renowned social work educator who has helped thousands of test takers pass the exam through her workshops and books
- Blueprints – provides a thorough content review of the ASWB exam core content areas, perfectly weighted to match licensing blueprints
- Self-assessment – begins with a self-assessment to help identify areas of strength and weakness
- Practice Test – includes a 170-question full practice test mirroring the actual exam with detailed explanations of correct answers
Practice Test Highlights:
- Knowledge Gaps ― helps test-takers to identify gaps in knowledge and errors in problem-solving with updated rationales
- Confidence ― mirrors the structure and wording of ASWB exam to provide confidence and familiarity
- KSAs ― identifies KSAs for each question so test takers can easily locate relevant source material for further study
- Distinct ― an additional 170-question full practice test that are distinct from those in the exam guide
- All the high-quality content from the books
- Personalized study plan based on exam date
- Ability to study by topic area to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Full 4-hour timed practice test that simulates the test-taking environment
- Discussion board to connect with the social work exam-prep community
- Games to make studying fun
- Digital access – purchase of print edition includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
NOTE TO READERS: PUBLISHER DOES NOT GUARANTEE QUALITY/ACCESS TO ANY INCLUDED DIGITAL COMPONENTS IF BOOK IS PURCHASED THROUGH A THIRD-PARTY SELLER.”
From the Publisher
A full practice test with 170 questions that mirrors the actual ASWB Clinical Exam in length, structure, and content.
Identifies the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities statements (KSAs) for each question so test-takers can easily locate relevant source materials for further study.
Readers applaud the invaluable tips for how to read the questions, overcome test anxiety, avoid common pitfalls, and assess one’s learning style which help foster exam confidence.
Dawn Apgar, PhD, LSW, ACSW, has helped thousands of social workers across the country pass the ASWB examinations associated with all levels of licensure through her books and workshops. In recent years, she has consulted in numerous states to assist with establishing licensure test preparation programs.
Dr. Apgar has done research on licensure funded by the American Foundation for Research and Consumer Education in Social Work Regulation and was chairperson of her state’s social work licensing board. She is a past President of the New Jersey Chapter of NASW and has been on its National Board of Directors. In 2014, the Chapter presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Apgar has taught in both undergraduate and graduate social work programs and has extensive direct practice, policy, and management experience in the social work field.
Publisher:Springer Publishing Company; 3rd edition (December 2, 2020)
Item Weight:3.69 pounds